Founded in 1796
The Town Board is comprised of four Council members and a Supervisor. Council members are elected to four-year terms and the Supervisor is elected to two-year terms. Elections are held in odd years unless there is a vacancy. The Town Clerk keeps the minutes of the meetings and is separately elected to two-year terms. Meetings are typically held at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of each month. Notes that following each name are dates of term expiration and party affiliation.
- James Entwistle (2019, D) firstname.lastname@example.org (315) 717-1399
- Councilman Jonathan Knauth (R)
- Terry Jones(2019, R) email@example.com (315) 822-5342
- Jonathan Knauth (2019, R) firstname.lastname@example.org (315) 737-0507
- Mark O'Sullivan (2021, D) email@example.com (315) 894-6967
- Terry McKane (2021, R) firstname.lastname@example.org (315) 507-2136
The position of Town Attorney is presently vacant. Qualified attorneys who are residents of Herkimer, Oneida, Fulton, Otsego, Hamilton or Montgomery Counties who are interested in applying for the position are encouraged to contact Supervisor James Entwistle.
The official newspaper of the Town of Litchfield:
West Winfield STAR/Brookfield Courier
PO Box 6, West Winfield, NY 13491
Call (315) 822-6764 for annual subscriptions ($29.50/year)
email: email@example.com for more information
Community Use of the Town Hall
The Town Hall is available for the use of Town residents for events such as meetings, birthday parties, anniversary parties, weddings, etc. Certain conditions apply. No alcohol is allowed on the premises. Call Supervisor Entwistle for more information and reservations. A usage fee applies.
The Town Hall is polling place for the Town of Litchfield.
To register to vote, contact the County Board of Elections: